What Small Business Owners Need to Know About Web Hosting
You are a small business owner. Between the paperwork, books, and management, you hardly have time to eat, let alone read hundreds of articles and reviews about web hosting. At Absolute Web Services, we know what it means to run a successful business and business website. Instead of wasting your time on reviews, articles, and comparisons, just read a bit further.
This isn’t everything you could ever want to know about hosting, just what you need to.
Web Hosting and Your Website
You want your website to load quickly, look great, and always be available to your customer. The web design team at Absolute Web Services can help with the first two, and provide everything you need for the third. We have our favorite host (thanks to Digital Ocean for making everyone’s life easier), but we have more than a decade of experience working with all types of hosts.
In general, there are about three types of hosting solutions. Shared hosting is the cheapest and is labeled “shared” because multiple websites use the same server. Cloud hosting is a tiny bit more expensive and uses cloud-based services to host your site. Dedicated hosting and private servers are the most expensive option and provide your site with its own server (or servers). All types of servers have their own pros and cons.
It doesn’t matter what size business you have, you want fast page loading speeds. Shared hosting is taking a gamble as other sites can sap resources on the shared server. It doesn’t matter what your site’s page rank is, you want as close to 100% uptime as possible. Because of those two things, we recommend small businesses use cloud hosts like Digital Ocean in leu of a quality shared host like Host Gator (although many would disagree).
Only you can decide what is right for your business. At Absolute Web Services, we are experienced at creating databases and helping people switch hosting providers. We help you find the perfect host to fit your business.
- Here is a basic rundown of advice on who should choose what type of web host:
- Small Business with Low Traffic and Minimal Site Size: Shared Hosting
- Small Business with Medium Traffic and Medium Site Size: Cloud Hosting
- Small Business with High Traffic and Medium or Large Size: Dedicated Hosting
What Do You Need to Do?
Just decide. The web programming team at Absolute Web Services can take care of the rest. We could write thirty or forty posts and still not cover all the ground you would need to choose the “best” provider. All you need to do is call us at 305.937.2526 or visit our contact page at https://www.absolutewebservices.com/contact-us/ and we will find the best web host solution to meet your needs.
- Absolute Web Services partners up with Amasty, Magento Premier Extension Builder
- We’re proud to be on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- A Step by Step Guide to Measure Social Media ROI
- This Week’s Social Media News Roundup
- Multivariate Testing: What it is and How to Run the Best Tests